Upma Recipe – Dalia or broken wheat is one of the healthiest breakfast ever. If you are looking for a healthy breakfast Upma recipe one of the must include recipe for you. I am adding a lot of veggies like – french beans, carrot, capsicum, Green peas, which makes it a wholesome breakfast.
I love adding curry leaves and a lot of coriander leaves which make it more tastier and healthier. Although some people don’t like the taste of curry leaves I love them If you don’t like you can skip them but curry leaves have many health benefits.
Do you know the health benefits of Dalia :
- It helps in weight loss because of high fiber content. It keeps you full for long as we don’t overeat. We must include this in our morning breakfast that makes our day fully charged.
- It a good source of protein. So we can include this in our protein diet list also has low fat.
- Dalia helps you to manage blood sugar level also which is good for diabetics people.
- It perfect for kids as It has the good source of protein which helps in gaining muscles in developing kids.
Let’s see the Ingredients: For two people
- Dalia ( broken wheat ) – 1 Bowl rinse in water
- Oil – 2 tablespoon
- Curry leaves – few or up to you
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch of
- Onion – 1 small finely chopped
- Crushed – Ginger, garlic, Fresh you can add part as well
- Green chili – 1 small
- French beans – few chopped
- Carrot – 1/2 small finely chopped
- Capsicum – 1/2 Finely chopped
- Green peas – 2/3 tablespoon
- Salt – as per your taste
- Pinch of garam masala
- Lemon – 1/2 piece
- Coriander leaves – for garnishing
- Water – as required
Method: How to make Upma recipe :
- First of all switch on the flame and heat the oil in the pan
- Once the oil is hot enough add mustard seeds and let the splatter nicely
- Add onion, green chili, asafoetida along with curry leaves.
- Wait till almost onion gets translucent
- Add all veggies ( carrot, french beans, Green peas, capsicum ) roast few seconds.
- Now add dalia and mix everything together roast for a 2-3 minute.
- Furthermore add salt and water ( about 2 cups or more if required ) and cover the lid.
- Cook It on medium flame.
- Stir everything and wait till it gets soften.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and add some lemon juice and serve hot.
Have Questions About This Recipe? Comment Below And I’ll Answer Them!
I am always checking my blog for new comments
So If you have any query please feel free to comment and I will pop back on and answer them as soon as possible!
Comment below now!