Matar Paneer masala is a famous Indian cuisine made from green peas and cottage cheese as the name suggest. Making Matar Paneer masala at home is really very simple and easy. In this recipe, I am using simple ingredients which is easily available in everyone’s kitchen. I am using fresh Matar ( green Peas ) frozen can also be used. I am not using any Kaju paste or malai because it taste best when keeping it simple.
Serving Idea – Can be served with rice, paratha, roti, naan or any kind of Indian bread.
Today I am going to serve with Jeera rice or hot paratha for lunch.
⇒ You can also check out Paneer Butter Masala
Let’s see the Ingredients for 4 people serving :
- Paneer: 250 gram or even more
- Oil: 4 tablespoon
- Jeera: half teaspoon
- Onion: 2 in number medium-sized: roughly chopped
- Garlic cloves: 4-5
- Asafoetida: 1 Pinch
- Ginger: 1 small piece
- Green chili: 2 small
- Tomatoes: 2 medium roughly chopped
- Turmeric powder: half teaspoon
- Kashmiri red chili: Half teaspoon
- Coriander powder: 1 teaspoon
- Garam Masala: half teaspoon
- Salt: as per the taste
- Coriander leaves: for garnishing
Method: How to make Matar Paneer Masala :
- First of all heat the kadai or pan and add oil. Once the oil is hot enough add jeera and let it get splutter.
- Now add onion and asafoetida. Saute for 2 minutes.
- Above all add garlic and ginger. Similarly add tomatoes, green chili along with little salt.
- Wait till the onion and tomatoes almost get soft and now add red chili coriander powder and turmeric powder and saute for 2 more minute
- Transfer the masala in a mixer jar. let it cool and then grind it but most important don’t put water.
- In the same Pan take little oil again and add this puree which we prepared. Now roast it till the oil get separated from Masala.
- Now add Matar and cook till the Matar almost get soft.
- Add Paneer and garam masala. Mix it well. Put Some water as required. Similarly sprinkle some salt as per taste.
- Let it cook on medium flame for 5 -10 minutes. Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice and parathas.
Benefits of Matar Paneer Masala :
- Its good source of protein which is almost good in building muscle mass and rich in various nutrients.
- Its rich in calcium therefore its good for your bones and teeth.
- It’s diabetic friendly because it has low in carbohydrate and rich in protein.
Have Questions About This Recipe? Comment Below And I’ll Answer Them!
I am always checking my blog for new comments
So If you have any query please feel free to comment and I will pop back on and answer them as soon as possible!
Comment below now!