The Karela Sabji or bhurji is so delicious and very easy to prepare made from homemade karela masala which gives Karela Sabji a nice aromatic flavour.
As we all know Karela Sabji has numerous health benefits therefore It’s one of the healthiest vegetable available on earth. Their are many ways to cook karela but today I’m going to make this recipe as my mom used to make. I love the aroma which comes while making freshly home made masala.
It has lot of health benefits therefore you must include Karela Sabji in your diet. I have seen many people they really don’t like to eat Karela sabji due to its Bitter taste besides the fact it has lot of health benefit therefore I have made Karela Sabji in such a way so that everyone would certainly start liking.
Ingredients of making Karela Sabji :
- Karela : 500gm
- Salt : as required
- Turmeric powder : 1 tablespoon
- Onion : 2 medium size chopped
- Green chilli-1 small
- Garlic cloves : 5/6 chopped
- Asafoetida : 1 pinch
- Oil : 4 tablespoon
- Tamarind pulp : 2 tablespoon
Masala for roasting and grinding :
- Coriander seeds : 2 tablespoon
- Red chilli dry : 2/3
- Funnel seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
- Onion seeds : 1/2 teaspoon
- Salt : little
- Turmeric : 1/2 teaspoon
Heat the pan over slow flame and roast above all masala. Roast them till nice aroma comes. Allow it to cool down and now add little salt and coarsely grind them in a mixer
and keep it aside.
Direction of how to make Karela Sabji :
- First of all wash bitter gourd or karela nicely in running water after that cut off at the both end and then cut the karela in to thin round shape.
- Take a big bowl sprinkle salt and turmeric powder and mix nicely and keep it aside for at least 2-3 hours or even more hence this process will help to remove the bitterness from the karela or bitter gourd.
- Likewise after 2 hours wash karela again in water and squeeze nicely, keep it in the bowl.
- Heat mustered oil in a pan and now add chopped onion, hinge, garlic and green chilli and cook till onion get translucent.
- Now likewise add karela and little salt and cover the lid and let it cook over low flame till karela get soft.
- When karela get cooked also add tamarind pulp along with karela masala which we prepared already and now toss nicely and cook it for another 5-6 minutes in an open pan till karela looks crispy and roasted.
- Finally your Karela Sabji is almost ready now. Serve hot with roti, dal, rice etc and enjoy your tasty Karela Sabji.
Note – Mustered oil is highly recommended for this recipe
Benefits of eating Karela :
- Diabetic friendly
- Help to build immunity
- Good for blood purification
- Help to achieve good skin and hair
- Improve digestion
- Rich in antioxidants
Have Questions About This Recipe? Comment Below And I’ll Answer Them!
I am always checking my blog for new comments
So If you have any query please feel free to comment and I will pop back on and answer them as soon as possible!
Comment below now!