Gajar Ka Halwa is one of the traditional Indian dessert or sweet, made by carrot, sugar and milk. Carrot Halwa has been one of my favourite since my childhood.
We make very often during winters. In winters you will get best variety of carrots. However you will find carrot through out the year.
There are so many ways for making Carrot Halwa. Today I’m sharing traditional way for making this halwa. In this recipe I’m not using any mawa or khoya.
Do you know – Carrots are considered to be worlds healthiest vegetable. They are good in source of vitamins and minerals.
Prep time – 30 min
Cooking time -1 hr
Total time – 1-1/2 hr
Cuisine – Indian dessert
Ingredients of Carrot Halwa :
- Carrots – 1 kg ( prefer young fresh tender carrot )
- Full fat milk -1 Liter
- Ghee/ clarified butter – 3 tablespoon
- Sugar – according to your taste
- Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
- Dry fruits- grated coconut, almonds,pistachios,and raisins, cut in to small slices
Prepration for Carrot halwa :
- Wash the carrot in running water properly.
- Peel the carrot and grate them.
- Chop the nuts and keep it aside.
How to make Carrot Halwa recipe : Method :
- Next firstly began with boiling the milk.
- When milk is boil add grated carrot in to it and stir it.
- Keep stirring in between and let the carrot cook in the milk till all the milk absorbed and mixer become dry.
- Meanwhile add sugar accordingly & halwa will become little watery again
- Cook on high flame till halwa become dry.
- Now add ghee, cardamom powder along with dry fruits and roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Now Carrot Halwa is ready to be served.
- Garnish with nuts and pistachios and serve hot.
- Most importantly always use young red Long tender carrot for making halwa.
- Use full fat milk only.
- Deep bottom pan or nonstick pan is always preferable.
- Don’t roast the carrot before adding milk it will help to maintain the color.
You can also check our carrot & beet root ki Sabzi also. Please click here