Black eye bean curry are great in taste. They are also known as Chowli or lobia seeds. The taste little different from rajma but they are quite similar to rajma. It has a good source of protein. Today we are making in onion and tomato gravy with some spices. This curry goes well with Paratha, rice, phulka or with chapati. I would love to have this along with hot cooked rice. Lobia is usually available in the market in 3 form – canned, dried and frozen and here we are using dried one.
Black eye bean curry has several health benefits :
- Beans has a good source of protein, iron, potassium.
- It helps in weight loss also as they are low-calorie food.
- This has a great source of iron so its good for Anemic people.
- Lobia contains a lot of fiber which helps in digestion.
- Soaked beans 2 cups
- Cooking oil – 3 tablespoon
- Cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Pinch of asafoetida
- Turmeric powder-1 tablespoon
- Kashmiri red chill -1 tablespoon
- Chola masala – 1 tablespoon
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
Ingredient for masala grinding
- Onion – 1 medium
- Garlic-4/5 cloves
- Ginger-1 small peace
- Cumin seeds – 1/2 teaspoon
- Tomatoes – 2 medium size
Step 1 – Grind above all ingredient into fine past
Step 2 – Soak and pressure cook beans
- Soak the beans in enough water for at least 4 hours, if you are using canned one then skip this step.
- Rinse the beans in fresh water and then put in the Pressure cooker and add a glass of water and boil.
- Cook for 2 whistles in high flame and then cook about 10 minutes in low flame.
- Wait for the pressure cooker to cool down its own.
Direction to make
- First of all heat the oil in a pan on the medium flame when oil is hot add cumin seeds, saute till splutter.
- Now add asafoetida along with onion paste which we prepared earlier.
- Saute on a low flame till oil gets separated.
- Add turmeric powder, red chill powder, along with chole masala
- Saute for few seconds or even more.
- After this we have to add tomato puree and roast all masala till oil gets separated.
- We have to add precooked beans ( In pressure cooker ) in this masala and then cover the led and cook on high flame till it gets a boil.
- Now lower the flame and cook for 3-4 minutes more.
- switched off the flame it’s done, you can add some coriander leaves for garnishing and serve hot.
Note: I would say it’s tastier version than healthier, if you want to make healthier you can minimize the quantity of oil and spices we have used.
Have Questions About This Recipe? Comment Below And I’ll Answer Them!
I am always checking my blog for new comments
So If you have any query please feel free to comment and I will pop back on and answer them as soon as possible!
Comment below now!